How and Where to go to apply for a Marriage License in your Local County.

The two of you will need to go as a couple together to the County Clerk’s office and apply in person for your Marriage License. I recommend that you call ahead to find out if you need an appointment, and what you need to bring with you.
You can get your marriage license at any County Clerk in California and have the wedding ceremony anywhere in the state.
Be sure to bring the marriage license to the wedding ceremony. After the ceremony, we will be sure that the witnesses sign it. I will then complete the form with my credential information and sign it as well.
As the Wedding Officiant, it is my legal obligation to submit the marriage license back, within ten days, to the same County Clerk where it was issued.

More Questions? Contact Me!


San Francisco Bay Area and Northern CA